Please have look at the science experiments below. Find your favourite experiment and perform it with your family. (Don't worry if this takes a little longer than usual, when you can is absolutely fine!)
Remember to predict what you think is going to happen first!
Send your photos to email@example.com
Can't perform the experiment or want extra work?
Don't worry if you can't perform the experiment, I have also uploaded a Year 3 science revision booklet too!
Have a lovely weekend!
Can you complete them all?
For your creative task this week, we would like you to use nature! We would like you to create a photo frame out of natural resources. This could be twigs, leaves, stones etc. Then we would like you to put a picture inside your photo frame. You could do a portrait of yourself or your family, or put a flower or bunch of flowers in there! Take a photograph of your work and email it so we can have a look at your creations. Click the link for some inspiration. Can you identify the leaves you've used and label them? Use this downloadable Tree ID sheet to identify common British tree leaves. See how many different leaves you can find! Can you get all of them on the list?
- On 12th May 2020, Florence Nightingale would have been 200 years old. Watch this video to find out some more information about her https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/history-ks1-ks2-florence-nightingale/z68fcqt
- Florence gained the nickname 'the Lady with the Lamp' during her work at Scutari. The Times reported that at night she would walk among the beds, checking the wounded men holding a light in her hand.
- We would like you to create your very own lamp! This video will explain how to do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTqNDxE-8QM Remember! You may want to decorate your paper first to make a decorative lamp! Have fun and be as creative as possible!
- We would also like you to find out as many facts about her to use in your writing task on Monday.
Tomorrow is VE day. On 8th May 1945, Prime Minister Winston Churchill made an announcement on the radio at 3pm that the war in Europe had come to an end, following Germany's surrender the day before. Click the link to find out more https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/48201749
We would like you to complete some of the following tasks
Themes are as follows:
- Silly Faces
- Encouraging words
- Easter eggs
- Under the sea
Shadow Drawings Make sure the object you are using to create the shadow is in-between the paper and the light source. Could you make your own object/shape to create a shadow? We would love to see your creations! Send your work to Year3@swainhouse.bradford.sch.uk.
Learn how to draw https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5XMF3Inoi8R9nSI8ChOsdQ
• ‘Twinkl’ - www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS – access to lots of educational resources across the curriculum
• ‘Khan Academy Kids’ - https://www.khanacademy.org/ -resource for all areas of the curriculum based on your child’s year group
• ‘Funology’ - www.funology.com – craft based activities and ideas for fun science experiments
• Science – www.sciencekidz.co.nz – easy experiments to do at home
• Chester Zoo Resources - Science/art/DT – https://www.chesterzoo.org/schools/resources/
Hour of Code - Computing
Joe Wicks - Five Minute Move Workouts - PE
GoNoodle - PE
Recipes - DT
https://www.duolingo.com – Complete daily goals and continuing your French learning
Mylene’s Music Class https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQh2wgJ5tOrixYBn6jFXsXQ/featured
Dance classes with Oti Mabuse! https://www.youtube.com/user/mosetsanagape/videos
Cosmic Yoga – Yoga, mindfulness and relaxation https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
Keeping Active and Staying Healthy